* Spelling out words. Put a letter on each loop, then connect them to spell words. This would make a great activity to spell their names, too!
* Have them make word families lists by writing one word on each piece of paper before looping them together (ex: _at words).
* Have them write 3, 4, 5, and up to 6-word sentences, then put a word on each loop so that connected they make the sentences.
* I helped my class learn their color words by having them write the color names on the correct color paper before looping them together.
* Divide class into teams. Give each team a letter of the alphabet. Have them write as many words as they can think of that begin with that letter. Spelling doesn't count!