Wednesday, June 4, 2014

It'll Be Here Before I Know It


Tomorrow my school is hosting a retirement party for me and one other retiring teacher. The last official day of this school year is Thursday, and Friday is a work day to break down the classroom for the summer.

It's been a wild 35 years, with lots of ups and downs, but I'm not quite ready to give it all up yet. I'll still be posting to this blog, so please keep it in your feeds a while longer.

See what my school district honored me with? Such lovely roses and a clock (although hubby asked me why I got a clock when I won't be needing to set the alarm anymore). Out of curiosity, I looked into the tradition of giving a clock to retirees, and I found out it symbolizes "Time Served". 

See? Even old teachers like me can learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment