Monday, June 2, 2014

Classroom Game - Alphabet Search


This last week of school is hectic, to say the least. So I came up with this easy game to get the whole class involved. 

I found some word searches on the internet, and put two to a page. I then gave a sheet to each child, and as a group they had to find how many times each letter of the alphabet was repeated. (They wrote the alphabet on the back of the paper, then wrote the number they found. They divided up the alphabet so that each child searched for a different letter, making the hunt quicker.) Afterwards, I had each table give out their answers, and awarded points to those who had the answer that matched mine. The group with the most points got to be "leaders" in line for the day.

Of course, it took a little while for me to come up with the answers, but we had a great time of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment