Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Math Stations for the Weeks of 9/30 and 10/7

Station 1: Utilizing the linking chains, I found a cheap set of keychains (source here), marked them 1-20, and let the kids attach the chains to them.


Station 2: I found this neat 3-card Pooh number sets at the dollar store. On one side, they can match the number/word/objects, or on the reverse side put together a 3-part puzzle that relates to the number on the back side.


Station 3: Popcorn! This is the guided math station the kids do with me (source here). They pull a card from the box. If they know the number, they get a point. If not, they put it back. When someone draws the POP! card, the game is over, and the person who identified the most numbers wins. This game has both the number and word, up to 25.



Station 4: I found this set of 3-part sequencing puzzles at the dollar store.


Station 5:  Roll and UNcover Autumn game. Rather than have them roll and cover, I decided to have them UNcover their autumn leaves. You can download your own copy (I printed 2 to a page) here.



No comments:

Post a Comment