Monday, September 9, 2013

My Morning Routine

At the request of a couple of teacher friends, I thought I'd share what teachers at my school call the Morning Routine. This is what we do before we start the school day.

First, when my students enter the room, I greet them with a smile and a handshake. They go straight away to hang up their backpacks and turn in their homework folders. Next, they find their names to write. (This week we're tracing dotted names, then writing it underneath.)


They turn in their names, then get to choose between a coloring page or a puzzle. The coloring sheet is always about something we're studying.



Once the first bell rings, and we have morning announcements, the color sheets go into the backpacks, and the puzzles (which must be completed) are returned to the table.

If you have a different routine, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment