Friday, April 5, 2013

Letter K Activities

Wow! What a busy week it's been! Because the upper grades were in the middle of state testing, we had to find some extra activities to keep us busy, since we didn't have P.E. or enrichment/block.

* Here, I took an earlier idea and expanded it. I made a template of 20 blocks, and gave a sheet to each table. As a group, the children had to find 20 Ks in the newspaper, cut them out, and glue one per block. I had 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.


* I found a key pattern on the web, and inserted pictures from some old worksheets. Each key sports a picture of something that begins with "k". One key bears the title MY KEY RING. They colored the keys, cut them out, punched a hole in the hole, and strung them on a silver ring. You can get my master here.


* We made kites! Using this master, we colored and cut out the shield and the "bows", and used yarn for the tail. Hanging them from the ceiling makes them "fly" when the AC comes on!


* I found a different key picture, and one of a koala, and made copies. We used the pictures to make AAB patterns.


* For Fun Fun Friday, I'd bought some cheap red lipstick. Dabbing a bit on each child's lips, they kissed a sheet with a capital K. Some kids needed 2 or 3 dabs. I tried applying with Q-tips and cotton balls, but the tip of my finger worked best (cleaning it off with a moist diaper wipe after each child.)




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that kissing k idea!!! Makes me so wish I was back in K.

    ReplyDelete