Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Value of Old Kindergarten Workbooks

A teacher I know from another school district is retiring this January, at the end of the semester. She's currently giving away a BUNCH of her old workbooks.

I initially passed up on her offer because I already have too many workbooks that I've pulled or copied random pages out of. But then I realized I should grab as many as I could, and here's why:

I have several children who need extra help with their letters or numbers, or even with objectives like recognizing same and different, rhyming words, and the like.

So I'm using those workbooks (and some of my own I no longer want) to help those children with the need for intervention. I put a child's name on a specific workbook. That way, when it's time for tutoring, they have their own to work out of. I can also tear out certain pages if I need them to go home and finish or need further working on.

In addition, I don't have to worry about using up my printing allotment on the copier. Each child gets individualized attention and help with their specific target area. And at the end of the year, the book can go home with the student.
 
My cost? $0 

No comments:

Post a Comment