Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Calendar Math and Behavior Chart

We do calendar math every day, just as all classes do. You know the drill: Today is...Tomorrow will be...Yesterday was...  But I also like to use the calendar as part of my behavior plan.

I print out copies of the calendar for every student. The children, with guidance, write the numbers in the blocks. The calender is then stapled to their take-home folders. Every day I put one simple symbol on each school day.


I put a copy of this Stoplight Behavior Chart in the folder. At the end of the school day, I simply draw one of the faces. The folders go home on Friday. Parents have to initial in the Saturday or Sunday block, and the folders have to come back on Monday. That way, the parents have an idea of how well, or how badly, their child is doing behavior-wise.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! The parents will also be aware of how their child is doing behavior wise. I would love to implement it too here in my class. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete