Friday, August 24, 2012

My Fairy Named Fred

 

One of the more beautiful aspects of teaching Kindergarten is being able to indulge the children in their beliefs in the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and most of all, Santa Claus.

In the past year or so, there's been an influx of Elf on the Shelf around Christmas. Well, I saw this little fairy door for sale on eBay (hiddenworlds dot us), and bought it.  I've installed it in my room (with the help of double-sided tape). And a fairy named Fred took up residence.

Fred will leave the children little surprises when they're not around (he's quite shy, and won't let anyone but me see him). When they're especially good, he'll let them know. But when they're bad, he'll also let them know how unhappy he is.

I will let everyone know how this "experiment" goes through the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment