Monday, August 13, 2012

How I'm Planning to Use Pinterest Pictures in the Classroom, Idea 1

Other than the multitude of wonderful lessons and ideas I've gotten off Pinterest, with regards to classroom worksheets, games, and teaching strategies, I was wondering how I could also implement some of the gorgeous pictures that aren't necessarily school related. What I've come up with are several possibilities that I'm going to try. I'll also be sharing those ideas here.



Idea 1 - Science

Identifying rare and unusual types of plants and animals.
This is called "glass fungus".
Sample questions:
Why do you think it's called that?
Is it really made of glass?
How do you think it feels?
What is it growing on?
Where in the world can you find it?

2 comments:

  1. you realize this is a photo of a sculpture not an organic mushroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! It is! I just did an image search. LOL! Thanks so much for pointing that out. It's still a pretty neat image, though. Wish it was real.

      Delete