Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The "Magic Piece of Paper" Song


I discovered a long time ago that constantly telling the kids to pick their trash up off the floor wasn't working.  So I made a game out of it.  It's called the "Magic Piece of Paper".  In short, I sing the following song while the kids scramble to pick up that one piece of paper that will earn them a sticker for their reward chart.  What I really do is let them clean the floor spotless, and at the last second choose a child who picks up that last errant miniscule dust particle as the Winner.  Voila!  I have a clean floor!

The "Magic Piece of Paper" Song
(Tune: "If You're Happy and You Know It")

There's a magic piece of paper on the floor
There's a magic piece of paper on the floor
There's a magic piece of paper
There's a magic piece of paper
There's a magic piece of paper on the floor

No comments:

Post a Comment