Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Learning to Write Their Names


Mondays are my "slow" days, meaning I have one break all day.  Last year it was Friday.  I'm sure every teacher has a slow day during their week. 

Normally, when the students have to practice writing their names, they do it on a single strip of paper and turn it in.  But on slow days, I make them take their time writing it on a laminated sheet with a Vis-a-Vis, or wipe-off marker.  After finishing and getting a quick approval from me, a wet paper towel or sponge cleans it off nicely, and the sheet can be reused repeatedly.

As you can see from these two examples, we concentrate on just the first name during the first half of the school year.  We add the last name after we come back from the Christmas holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment