Monday, March 7, 2011

The "Community" Bucket

I've had several teachers adopt my "community" bucket idea.  Instead of each child having their own individual plastic case of glue, pencils, crayons, etc. (remember the "cigar boxes" of olden days?), I have a plastic bucket on each table.  The long side holds crayons and markers.  The 2-pocket side holds pencils and scissors.

This way I can monitor usage.  And when the crayons start to get worn down, I can dump another box in.  Markers going dry?  Open another box.  Ditto for pencils.

Believe it or not, the supplies each child brings at the beginning of the school year last from Aug. to June.

(Added plus: each bucket is a different color, so I can dismiss/call each table by that color.  Ex: "Red, go get your journals.")

No comments:

Post a Comment